Friday, January 5, 2018

Comfort When You're Uncomfortable

Reflecting back on my 2017, I think the theme would be: Finding Comfort When You're Uncomfortable.

This phrase has applied to various of my life; socially, mentally, physically...at work, in public, in love, and more.  Things have not always been so comfortable and I have found myself being forced out of my comfort zone many times.  In my new role at work, I have had to find my way and it's been a trial and error process.  In the social world, I've had to suck it up and go to events by myself and actually talk to folks. In love...well we're still figuring that out.

I have come to this place of knowing that yes, things are going to be a little scary, a little awkward, and a bit frustrating, but in the end it'll all turn out fine. You really do have to ask yourself: 1) What's the worst that can happen? And 2) Why do I feel unsure? Do I have any solid proof that this isn't going to work?

Better yet, don't ask yourself anything if you can.  That can cause a whole new world of discomfort.  The mind, though familiar, can be confining and like a prison cell when we spend too much time there.  Instead, jump right in and just experience all the things that life has to offer.

Here's to a comfortable 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment